Tuesday 7 July 2015

Collection Fast Stroke Eye Liner First Impression

After Suzie from 'HelloOctoberxo' mentioned this product on her channel several times, I just knew it had to be good. I bought it today and gave it a go straight away and here's what I thought.






RRP: £2.99

PROS:

  • This liner claims to be for 'precision & definition' and its sturdy nib fully allows it to do so. The stiffness of the nib allows precise application and with the point, it means for a perfect flic
  • The actual colour of the 'ink' is super black, and not greyish like many drugstore black eye liners.
  • It is in general quite a foolproof eye liner and easy to use, so perfect for beginners.
  • When tugging at the liner after being on for about 5 minutes it successfully passed the smudge test as I didn't turn into a panda.
  • If eye liners like the 'Stila Stay All Day Liquid Eye Liner' annoy you because they require a lot of rubbing to get off, you'll like this one. Using the 'Garnier Micellar Water' and a cotton pad, the eye liner came off super easily without any need of irritating my eye area to attempt to remove it.
CONS:
  • I find the nib to be relatively thick and doesn't taper out till very close to the tip. Due to this, I found it relatively difficult to apply a thin line so I wouldn't say this eye liner is great for that. However, with patience and a steady hand, I'm sure you could still get a thin line out of this, I'm just saying it's better for thicker lines when used on its side.
  • I know I used it as a pro, but its ease of coming off could be a con. It leads me to believe that it may not be incredibly long lasting, but I haven't worn it for a long period of time so it may well be.
  • When I did the smudge test, although it didn't smudge, it lost some colour and turned grey. Although not a major problem as you probably won't be tugging at your eye all day, it's still something to bear in mind.


Overall, there were more pros than cons. I really do like this eye liner as the cons were only very minor things which I felt the need to point out or there would be none. Just a side note, if you're wondering about the finish, it applies glossy then dries to matte/satin finish. 

I give this eye liner a 4/5. It definitely gives my favourite Stila eye liner a run for its money!

Thanks for reading, 
Abbie x

10 comments:

  1. I love liquid eye liner, thanks for the review!

    Natalia
    www.lindifique.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love liquid eyeliners but I'm not good in applying though I'm constantly practicing :)

    Live Blog Love by Hazel Asoy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! They're not the easiest to apply:)

      Delete
  3. Great review! But I still don't know how to use it though :(

    Dice | '96 Wild Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'll probably to a 'how to use liquid eyeliners' post soon :)

      Delete
  4. Great review, definitely going to get my hands on this eyeliner! :)
    Urban Obsessions // Vegan Food & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should it's great value for money! x

      Delete