Thursday 9 July 2015

Haircare | Hit or Miss

I have a serious obsession with all things haircare and trying out new products whenever I can. Today's post shows four products of which I own, and each one in turns purpose is to improve the condition of my hair. Here's what I think of each one and what I'd rate them out of 5.




Tresemmé Thermal Recovery Hair Mask
'Intense repair and rehydration deep treatment masque. This intense recovery treatment with aloe vera and almond oil extract revitalises hair for a salon beautiful finish. Ideal for those who frequently use blow dryers, curling and straightening irons'

RRP: £4.98

I bought this from Asda for £2.43 which is amazing for a 500 ml tub - that's half a litre! This tub will last a long time so is a great value for money. The packaging is sleek and doesn't leak product, which is always a bonus. In terms of the scent, it smells like the classic Tresemmé scent which I love. It's the kind of smell that hits you when you walk into a hair salon. I apply it in the shower and leave it on for about 2 minutes and it leaves my hair feeling nourished and soft. Overall, I love this product especially due to its affordability.

I rate this product 4.5/5, so it is a definite hit.


Organix Brazilian Keratin Smooth Anti-Breakage Serum
'An exclusive blend of anti-oxidant rich coconut oil along with lush keratin proteins to help strengthen and soften the hair, while avocado oil and cocoa butter smooth the cuticle for straight, strong tresses, adding a brilliant glow and a luminescent shine'

RRP: £6.99

I originally bought this at Boots for slightly cheaper but it seems as though they don't sell this specific item there anymore, although they still sell organix. They do sell it at Feel Unique though. You get 100 ml of product and I have had it for at least 6 months and I use it every time I wash my hair and I've still got around a third left. The packaging is basic but nice, and I haven't noticed any leakages but I haven't travelled with it. It smells heavily of cocoa butter and it's a pleasant scent. I just don't know what this does to my hair - I haven't noticed a difference when I use it. The description makes it sound like it would do wonders for my hair with all the exotic ingredients, but I am not a great fan. I am not one to waste my money which is why I've continued to use it.

I rate this product 2/5. Miss!



Herbal Essences Beautiful Ends Split Ends Protection Cream
'I'm your secret weapon against split ends, and your bodyguard against breakage. Oh, and I'm strong on silkiness too, plus I have a delicious red raspberry scent...'

RRP: £4.79

I originally picked up this product not that long ago from Superdrug when it was labelled as something ridiculously cheap like 50p - how could I resist?! You get 150 ml in a bottle, which is a standard amount. I like the packaging as it has a lid and a working pump, plus I like the red colour. But can we please take a moment to appreciate the smell. I just really cannot get over the delicious smell - it is just heavenly. It says to put it in towel-dried or dry hair so when I first got it I tryied it on my dry hair. The sensation of putting a cream in dry hair is very strange.. but when it dried it felt silky smooth. But, I now stick to putting it in just towel-dried hair. I love this product as it makes my hair feel so smooth and makes it smell gorgeous.

I rate this product 4/5 - hit!


Pantene Protect Spray
'Instant repair and overnight protect spray for normal - thick hair'

RRP: £4.50

I didn't pay £4.50 for this, I picked it up in Poundland. I would not pay that much for it. It's similar packaging to the above product and smells like most Pantene products, quite nice. You get 150 ml in a bottle. However, I just find it a reasonably pointless product. I spray it in my hair before I go to bed and I don't really notice a difference when I do and don't use it. It doesn't do anything bad, I just don't see big results with it and so wouldn't really recommend it.

I rate this product 1/5. That's a miss for sure.

Thanks for reading,

Abbie x

3 comments:

  1. This is so helpful, I'm always on the lookout for products that can mend my heat damaged hair! :) x

    elleandherbeautyblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete