Friday 10 July 2015

Holy Grail Products | Urban Decay Naked 2 Basics Palette

I've decided to start a little series on my blog where I go into detail about my holy grail beauty products and why I love them so much. Let's kick it off with the Urban Decay Naked 2 Basics palette.








Excuse the odd half tanned, half pale arm going on in the swatch image, I have no idea why it looks like that.
The palette costs £23 and can be purchased directly from the Urban Decay website, Debenhams or websites like Beauty Bay. It's currently on sale at Beauty Bay for £13.80 so if you've been wanting to buy it - do it now!

This is the second palette in the 'basics' range and is slightly more cool-toned than the original one, and I believe that this one has more of a range of colours than the previous one, which featured an extra nude-ish colour so only three deeper colours. Personally, I preferred the colours in this palette, which is why I got it.

There are a total of six colours in the palette:
Skimp  - this is the only non matte colour in the palette. It's a semi-matte finish and I love it for highlighting the inner corners of my eye and underneath my brow bone.
Stark - this colour has a matte finish and is nude-pink in colour. It is very similar to my natural lid colour so I use this as a base over primer before all my eye looks. It allows the other shadows to blend easily and it's a step I don't miss.
Frisk - is a matte, grey colour. I use this in the crease for softer eye looks as it's not heavy, for example in my prom make-up which you can find on my blog.
Cover - is a matte brown with red undertones, which makes it the warmer colour in the palette. It's perfect as a crease colour for intense eye looks.
Primal - this is the perfect matte, brown shade. It works really well to fill in my eye brows, as a crease colour or on the outer v of the eye in a smoky eye.
Undone - is a deep, brown, almost black but not quite black, matte shade. I love to smudge it along my lash line instead of using a black eye liner, or smudge it underneath my lash line for an intense look. I also use it on the outer v of the eye for an even intenser look than using 'primal'.

The formula of the eye shadows lives up to all the other palettes of which Urban Decay have brought out - blendable and pigmented. The compact size of the palette makes it ideal for travelling and its simplicity is what makes it a holy grail product for me. I have a use for every shade, and it is a must in my make-up collection.

What's your holy grail palette?

Thanks for reading,

Abbie x

15 comments:

  1. Love the colours in the basic palette!!

    www.mandybajwa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don´t own any of the Naked palettes, but it looks great for beginners that don´t have too many eyeshadows yet.

    Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, I would highly recommend this one for beginners:)

      Delete
  3. It is the perfect everydy palette isn't it?! It's on our very long list of things to buy!

    M + K
    Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  4. The naked basics 2 palette is one of my favorites, it is perfect for creating any look I want and I just really love the shades, also another palette I really like is the Naked 3.

    http://www.notesofglam95.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Naked 3 palette is on my list of things to buy!

      Delete
  5. This looks so amazing! great travel size too. Lovely pictures, so clean :)

    ♡SleepyHeaven♡
    ❋Bloglovin❋

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love this oakette, definitely prefer it to the first one as well!

    The Velvet Black | UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a classic! Also I like your half-tanned, half-pale arm.. you could be on to something there :-)
    Becca | theBeautyInbox

    ReplyDelete