Friday 17 July 2015

First Impressions: Zoeva 109 / Luxe Face Paint Brush


Zoeva 109 / Luxe Face Paint Brush

Presentation - I love how the Zoeva brushes look. The black and silver make it look as though the brush was more expensive than it actually is. Also, it comes with a little pouch which can be handy for taking brushes when travelling.

Price - I bought this from Beauty Bay for £11.50 and free delivery. I think it's a really great price for the quality of the brush, as you can tell that it wasn't made to be easily broken.

Quality - The brush doesn't shed and the handle isn't easily breakable. Zoeva brushes wash really well, and come with a plastic protector so that you can ensure the bristles stay in the correct place when storing.

My first thought when I opened the package to this brush was that it was smaller than I thought. I'm not sure why I expected it to be bigger, but I like the size of it, as longer handled brushes tend to be quite annoying.

The way the bristles on this brush are laid out make it really great for contouring - the cross section of the shape of the bristles is like an oval with pointed ends. It is not too dense nor too fluffy, which allows great precision when applying the contour but easy blending. It picks up and deposits powder very well. I have heard that this brush is very comparable to the Nars Ita brush, which is very expensive. If you've been wanting to try out that brush but haven't looked at this one, then I definitely recommend you do. It allows for a perfect, chiselled contour.

Here's the link to where I bought mine:
http://www.beautybay.com/accessories/zoeva/109facepaintbrush/

Thanks for reading,

Abbie x

3 comments:

  1. I have this one too! It's good for contouring (:
    Nati xx
    www.simplyartdicted.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard so many good about zoeva brushes form beauty bloggers.
    xoxo
    Ramona

    http://ramona-strikeapose.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful brush! I really want some Zoeva brushes but they're so expensive!!! I might just have to treat myself!

    http://lushivity.blogspot.co.uk xxx

    ReplyDelete